Prefabricated classrooms and schools
Today, school administrators and educators face the constant challenge of expanding student bodies and how to best meet their needs in an efficient yet affordable way. Construction to add new space or replace aging buildings can be an expensive and time-consuming project. However, prefab school buildings are available in a wide variety of sizes and shapes to fill the need for everything from a one-room classroom to a complete campus.
Prefabricated classrooms and dorms, in particular, have grown in popularity because they are fast to build, exceptionally flexible and amazingly cost effective. In fact, modular school buildings can typically be designed, built and delivered 40% faster and with an average of 20% cost savings in comparison to conventional site-built construction. These can be huge advantages for public and private schools that face budget limitations in today’s economy.
One major advantage of prefab modular buildings is that they can be easily moved and repurposed, added to or completely removed as student bodies fluctuate in size or school requirements change. Other benefits include:
- Adaptable to any site
- Less expensive than conventional construction
- Ready-to-use space can be delivered quickly
- Modular buildings require minimal site preparation
- Unlimited number of designs and styles
- Designs integrate with surrounding architecture
- Meet or exceed local building, safety and occupancy codes
- Factory productivity is not affected by bad weather
- Lean manufacturing reduces material waste & lowers costs
- Less environmental impact on job site
- Useful life of 50+ years with minimal maintenance